Where is the Spell Check in Microsoft Word 2007, 2010 and 2013
- Method A - Activate the spell check setting.
- Method B - The fastest way to process.
- Method C - If the Classic Menu for Office is installed (classic interface).
- Method D - If the Classic Menu for Office is not installed (ribbon interface).
The Spell Check function in Word can help you quickly find out the spelling and grammar mistakes in the Word document. There are four simple ways to call Spell Check function in Word 2007, 2010 and 2013.
Kutools for Excel: 120+ advanced features for Excel 2007, 2010 and 2013 (includes Office 365). Know more
Kutools for Word: 100+ advanced features for Word 2003/2007/2010/2013 (includes Office 365). Know more
A: Activate the Spell Check Setting
The automatic Spell Check function might be disabled sometimes and users could reactivate it. Please click File tab in Word 2010 and 2013 (or click the Office button in Word 2007) > Word Options > Proofing. If you are using Classic Menu for Office, click Tools > Word Options > Proofing.
If you need, just press F7 to call Spelling and Grammar function.
C: If the Classic Menu for Office installed
If you have installed Classic Menu for Office to bring back the familiar user interface and make it look like Word 2003/XP(2002)/2000, just click Tools > Spelling and Grammar.
D: If the Classic Menu for Office not installedIf the Classic Menu for Office is not installed, please click Review tab > Proofing group > Spelling and Grammar.
What is Classic Menu for Office
Classic Menu for Office 2007
(Includes Classic Menu for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook 2007)
Classic Menu for Office 2010
(Includes Classic Menu for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, InfoPath, Publisher, Visio and Project 2010)
The Classic Menu for Office brings back classic menus and toolbars to Microsoft Word 2007/2010. The people who are used to the old interface of Word 2003/XP/2000 can work with Word 2007/2010 immediately without any training and tutorials.
- All new features and commands of Office 2007 and 2010 have been added to the menus and toolbars;
- Easy to show or hide the classic menus, toolbars and ribbon tabs. Easy to install and use.
- Supports all languages. Free download.
Screen Shot of Classic Menu for Word 2010