Where is Word Count in Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365?
- Word Count in Word or Outlook 2007/2010/2013’s Tools Menu
- Word Count in Word or Outlook 2007/2010/2013’s Ribbon
- Word Count in Word 2007/2010/2013’s status bar
Other Office programs (except Word and Outlook) do not support Word Count feature.
How to Bring Back Classic Menus and Toolbars to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365?
Word Count in Tools Menu if you have Classic Menu for Office
Classic Menu for Office enable you find out commands in Ribbon with those use habits adopted in Office 2003. It is easy to find out Word Count if you have it (Take Word 2010 for example):
- Click the Menus tab;
- Click the Tools drop down menu;
- Then you will view the Word Count … item.
Figure 1: Word Count feature in Word 2010's Tools Menu
Click to know more information and free download Classic Menu for Office.
Word Count in Ribbon if you do not have Classic Menu for Office
- Click Review tab;
- Go to Proofing group;
- Then you will view the Word Count Button. See figure 2.
Figure 2: Word Count button in Word 2010's Ribbon
If you are in the Message Window of Microsoft Outlook 2007/2010/2013/2016/2019 when you are creating new email, replying or forwarding emails, you can also get the Word Count information by Menus Tab > Tools Menu > Word Count, or (in Outlook 2010's Ribbon) Review Tab > Proofing group > Word Count button, or (in Outlook 2007's Ribbon) Message Tab > Proofing group > Word Count button.
If you have opened a Word document, you can easily get the Word count information in the status bar. See figure 2. However, only Microsoft Word 2010 shows word count information in status bar, but not Outlook 2010.
More tips for Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 365
- Where is Office 2007 Classic View
- Where is Office 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365 Classic View
- Where are Office 2007 Toolbars and Menus
- Where is Office 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365 Menu and Toolbar
- Where is File Menu
- Where is Format Menu
- Where is Tools menu
Classic Menu for Office
Brings your familiar old menus and toolbars of Office 2003 (2002, 2000) back to Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 365. You can use Office 2007/2010/2013/2016 (includes Office 365) immediately and efficiently, and don't need any trainings or tutorials when upgrading to Microsoft Office (includes Word, Excel, and more ...) 2007, 2010 or 2013.
Screen Shot of Classic Menu for Word